Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Dumbcane - Dieffenbachia seguine ' Tropic Rain' Or Dieffenbachia 'Mayan Jade'


Appearance:

I'm starting to understand about Dieffenbachia seguine where the main characteristics are basically the tall cane stem with arching lance shaped leaves. This particular variety seemed to be a new version of which it has more yellow than the usual light cream colors for it spots.

Unlike other complex foliage types where the colors are more than three tones, this one however only hold 2 colors only.

The closest ID that I think it may refer to be is D. 'Tropic Rain' or Dieffenbachia 'Mayan Jade'
but I may be wrong as I'm unable to find a reliable source for this one.


The contention begins that there is a similar colored one that have almost the same pattern known as Dieffenbachia 'Mayan Jade'. As for now, I'm just putting both of them here for reference base factor - at least it may be the same one or perhaps with a slight different variation.

Hopefully, I might get closer in discovering all of their true ID as most of their names are introduced by plant vendors which may not be very accurate or reliable.


The plant appears to be more greener when in shade (pic above)
and more yellow when in full sun (pic below)



Do click on my link below for More Detailed Information concerning on
How to Care & Cultivate Dumbcane Plant:

Dumbcane - Dieffenbachia - Best Indoor Plants

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month