Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Begonia - Aquamarine


Begonia - Aquamarine has a star shaped formation foliage with a splashed grapes like colors - it is indeed very difficult to describe the coloration as you can view the picture above. 

However when the begonia grows in shaded area it will be appearing in a green tones. It is a rhizomatous type begonia with green to silver colored foliage.


I tried to propagate this using a leaf cutting on a mop wick system but it was unsuccessful. I may try again once this plant had grown big and had established itself.


Currently I had replanted it from a soil medium into a mop wick system and hoping it will slowly spring back to life, as it was slowing going dormant in the earlier medium.

Only time will tell the progress of this particular plant.




Here is the link where I had put together a list of all the begonias that I had come across. A database of all the different types & their characteristics. Please click on the link on the title above for the post.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month