Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Different Types of Alocasia (Elephant Ears) - Names & Images

The very fact to note that there are a huge cultivars and hybrids on Alocasia which indeed and impossible task to list down, let alone to identify accurately which proves futile in my part.

However, I would like to list down what I want to have in my garden - labeling their identity at the closest I can identity based on their family or genus - which may not be that impossible.

Here are the list of the plants - specifically these Alocasia which I had managed to cultivate and grow in my garden.  However, Alocasia have similar foliage traits and characteristics with Taro but not cultivated for food crop as they can be poisonous. Here - it's more cultivated for ornament purpose and therefore I suggest to do proper study and research if in the intentions to identify to grow edibles.

These are the outdoor variety which appears to be much hardier and easy to grow in comparison the the sensitive type known as Jewel Alocasia (which I had placed in a different category)

These variety are much larger and hardy in comparison which often labelled as Elephant Ears - often planted outdoors which receives open bright sunlight and rain.


on their Care and Cultivation on each plant types and their characteristics.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like the first one, James. Sometimes they tend to stay dormant I find. Btw your garden including all your plants/alocasias look good to me ;) Re MCO, no choice la. Nevertheless, happy gardening!

James David said...

Thanks Stephanie, Stay Safe and Happy Gardening.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month