Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Alocasia - African Mask


I had fallen in love with this one and had tried growing this particular plant so many times and often find myself in failure as this one slowly goes into dormancy and disappears - rarely or never return again.

Still, I had not given up on this plant and still figuring out how to care and cultivate this one.


This one similar to many Alocasia has many different cultivars and variety which had been cross-bred and made different cultivars. I had bought several of them and yet to speak of their success story.
Perhaps I should cultivate them as an aquatic plant and experiment on them on that method on trial basis.


Until I get a few of the spare plants, my experiment on these are limited. 
Will definitely update on this info time to time when making progress.



Updated April 2020
This one is slowly going dormant - this particular foliage is the last one. I had replanted it properly and hoping that the tuberous root system will not succumb to rot when it is resting.
Will follow up on it's progress.


UPDATES: MAY 2020

This Alocasia had slowly gone dormant (the picture above) That was the last leaf drying off - I had immediately dig it out and reset the pot medium with new potting mix (50% with cocopeat & 50% river sand) Also added osmocote as I find it encourages new growth. Within few week - a new leaf had sprouted and it is still uncurling.



Other matters concerning the Care & Cultivation Methods on Watering, Medium and Pruning
Do refer to the link below:
Introduction to Jewel Alocasia

Do click to the Link Below 
To check on the Main Page Concerning Different Types of Jewel Alocasia:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month