Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, March 16, 2020

Vertical Garden Compilation - 2019





Here is a compilation of my gardening journey in cultivating the Vertical Garden for last year (2019) It was indeed a long-haul experience of selecting the right plants and figuring out their hardiness or sensitivity in their growing season in this long-term experience.

There was a lot of challenges mainly rodent attack that came through rats which made it's nest inside the hanging pots, these damage take place during the night. During the day, another challenge - tree shrew visit the plants, nibble and bite off orchids and some juicy succulent leaf shoots and crown and stressing the plants even more. 

Apart from the the rodents, I had faced more challenges on cultivating episcias here as I find them very much appealing to my gardening interest but the ants started farming scale insects which had caused more harm on long-term basis that the plants succumb to stress and slowing dying. 

I realized that instead of struggling on the on going battle against nature of which I may not win, especially when I had decided not to use any pesticide in my garden for overall well being of all the fauna that dwells and visits here. 888 Here in the collection shown here are some of my bromeliads, airplants, agloanema and ferns. Also humidity loving shade plants such as begonias, caladiums, colocasia and alocasia species.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month