Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Alocasia sarawakensis ‘Yucatan Princess’


I had mistaken this for Colocasia and searched high and low for any resembles to identify exactly what was this. I had came across something similar but not quite right and got it right when I realized someone mentioned about this in facebook discussion page.

I can't imagine to understand how an Alocasia can be aquatic, let alone with huge giant leaves and generous with some many leaves. The last time I purchased an alocasia they are always with a meager 3 leaves max. And if lucky they remained well until succumb into dormancy and sometimes unfortunately totally gone - disappeared like Caladiums, never return after the dormant period.


Hence, I gave up with all Caladiums and Alocasia until I found they seemed to love this particular setting and always seemed to becoming stronger. I guess, this is a most ideal, best place to grow them and focus on my collection and enjoy their lavish growth.

Something about Alocasia sarawakensis ‘Yucatan Princess’

The Care and Characteristics are very much similar to Blue Taro. The more it dwells in water, the bigger it grows, I had not seen this one going dormant compared to other Alocasia family.


I had also planted this on ground but the growth rate is much slower and leaf size smaller in comparison the ones grown in water. I would totally recommend this to be grown in water feature or aquatic pond border plants. They love wet feet - like swamp, bog plants.


Other than that, this is fairly an easy plant to cultivate.





Pictures Below:
I just want to show how big they can get and grow - these are recently introduced in the nurseries where I understand they are gaining plant popularity.





Do click to the Link Below 

To check on the Main Page Concerning Different Types of Elephant Ears Alocasia:
Different Types of Alocasia - Names & Images

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month