Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas 2020 in Sg Buloh Nursery


I'm surprised poinsettias made a come back this year - especially during this COVID season where there are so many lockdown and travel restrictions. However, this one is not so much in a popular list as they are expensive and won't last long as long-term basis; not even for next Christmas.


There are so many setbacks that even if it survives - it would stay green and the those red notes would not appear under special conditions. This would be impossible to replicate that conditions here in all eternal constant tropical environment. 


However if you enjoy these plants as seasonal decorative plants and consider them as BATA plants
(Buy and Throw Away Plants) like cut flowers - than by all means - do enjoy them in that conditions.


What I'm proposing here is the idea of not to have high expectations on this one. The only setback is they are expensive about RM25-RM35 depending the timing you purchase them. I had currently noticed that these are fading and wilting fast in some nurseries and the vendors are trying their best to sell them off fast with good offers to cut their losses. 


I'm pretty sure by another month, all the red foliage would had withered and fallen away and it would appear in a terrible condition - cast away in an isolated corner somewhere in those nurseries.



I do share some sentiments with Christmas Plants but this would be considered an expensive plant to have especially when it only last about few weeks. Like a gardener friend who mentioned to me - it's a total waste of money buying this plant - I would agree with him.





I had written an earlier post on Poinsettias

Do check on the Link Below on How to Care for them indoors as Decorative Plant:
Poinsettia For Christmas


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month