Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Alocasia Simpo


INTRODUCTION:

These are the ones which I had told myself which I would refrain from purchasing and I had regrettable gotten it without any peer pressure. I really not sure why I had suddenly fallen in love with Alocasia - something about it that intrigue me to get them, perhaps they are much more hardier in comparison to begonias and orchids.

And I guess like any trend and the craze the builds up the bubble which later burst in a horrendous price crashes down - I got caught in between with the trend frenzy.


CHARACTERISTICS:

Again - Unlike most Jewel Alocasia - this one is devoid from all the unique characteristics. It does have a humorous features though, perhaps a little imagination where one would see a hooded masked man with the dents for eyes (like features) 

These do have the faded dark green shades with a washed subtle tones. Alocasia Simpo can be easily mistaken for Alocasia Lukiwan or Alocasia Reversa as their young foliage features looks so similar.

Also it can be very similar if not for the soft texture of foliage which have another similarities with Alocasia scalprum.

This particular one however is very generous in it's foliage production and appear to be a robust grower in comparison to other Jewel types. The leaf structure can be a bit challenging to note as they change shape and formation when they mature.


This particular Alocasia is endemic to Indonesia  and may have some origin with the neighboring regions around Borneo & Philippines. Nothing much of any detailed information are found for me to say much about this particular one. It may me a species or a hybrid or perhaps I had misidentified and labelled it wrongly.

I'm suspecting that this one is very much endemic to Indonesia as "simpo" is a location is Southern Sulawesi, Indonesia. 

Only time or another expert identification can tell me what I'm exactly I'm dealing with.




Other matters concerning the Care & Cultivation Methods on Watering, Medium and Pruning

Do refer to the link below:
Introduction to Jewel Alocasia

Do click to the Link Below 
To check on the Main Page Concerning Different Types of Jewel Alocasia:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month