Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Alocasia Scalprum


CHARACTERISTICS:

Unlike most Jewel Alocasia this one is very much in one singular color with slightly in dark green coloration - the leaf texture somehow feel hard like a cardboard - similar like Melo or Dragonscale types.

It was said that it from the islands of Samar in Philippines and be considered rare and extinct in wild. I had seen this showing up time to time in nurseries sold in batches which I believe they may be tissue cultured and their origin unknown and oblivious.



This particular one is sold in a private collector nursery which I'm pretty sure either it's not for sale or it would cost a bomb to purchase this fine specimen. I'm showcasing this here for identification purpose and may consider purchasing one tissue cultured cultivated ones when it hits the market. That is if the price is right.

Some people may find this quite interesting but as for me - I would rather purchase the ones which more stronger feature and by definition with more color. This for me is somewhat boring - especially the monotone green ones. As for now - I had already gotten few of the big leaved Green Elephant Ears types that dominated most of my garden space.

I would greatly hesitate to get another one as such as this but if you find this interesting and gives you the gardening pleasure - why not?



Other matters concerning the Care & Cultivation Methods on Watering, Medium and Pruning

Do refer to the link below:
Introduction to Jewel Alocasia

Do click to the Link Below 
To check on the Main Page Concerning Different Types of Jewel Alocasia:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month