Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, September 20, 2019

Begonia - Breakdance


I had totally killed this one, save for a singular leaf which I had it like a spare and it slowly grew into this plant. It wouldn't recommend this one for new begonia enthusiast as they are so unpredictable.


Since this is doing fine now, I just left it as such. One thing I realized is that they don't like to be moved around, touched or disturbed. These are more like see no touch plants.

Earlier, I had reset and arranged them for more space and making the place neat. Only to find few of the begonia had stressed and some died and gone dormant. And so, its difficult to gauge these things happening.


As for now, I just enjoy the current situation and accept them as it for now.
If they are gone, then the next thing to do is purchase a new one. (Hahahahahaaaaa)


This plant has characteristics similar to Begonia Chivalry and Black Velvet Begonia.
Also very similar to black fang. They do indeed have the blue sheen when viewed from an angle.
It is a rhizome type and so need to be very watchful if over-watered as it might cause severe rot.


Somehow, this is a very slow grower. I had lost most of the leaves and now its had nothing much but 2-3 leaves. Hopefully it picks up.



Begonia Common Names and Images

Here is the link where I had put together a list of all the begonias that I had come across. A database of all the different types & their characteristics. Please click on the link on the title above for the post.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month