Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Visiting Nursery - Giant Batu Caves - Part 1

I was having a high degree of Cabin Fever - mine was very much not able to go around and visit the nurseries and plants. During the 4 months span (March - June 2020) was truly a challenging times that can drive a gardener into insanity.

There are but some oasis to consider like this one - I found plants sold in this supermarket where it was refurbished and presentation was very pleasant. The plants are slightly expensive compared to market price but then I realized that all the plant prices had gone up.

What was used to be RM10 are now RM15 - in fact the ceiling price for the cheapest plant is exactly that - RM15. (Price checked today at Sg.Buloh - 9th June 2020)

Also I find these plants were quickly picked up as they arrive - I would consider these hot cakes.
Enough said about the introduction - Let's look at the Plants Displayed Here:

Silver Pothos - Scindapsus pictus 'Argyraeus'

I must say that I was quite impressed at the set up and the display together with all the quality plants that was put for sale during the MCO period - where most of the nurseries are in lock-done - these are somehow are not ordinary common plants that you can easily get in a common stall setting.

These ariods - Satin Pothos, Variegated Ivy, Philodendron and Pilea truly amazing. 
Also Bird Nest Fern, Pepperomia and African Violet - Geneseriads. Even the Fittonias do look fresh and perked up.

Epipremnum aureum - 'N Joy'


Pilea spruceana ‘Norfolk’ - Angel Wings


Pilea libanensis (True Name)


Variegated Ivy

Variegated Ivy

Philodendron - Neon

Philodendron - Neon

Bird Nest Fern

Fittonia

Fittonia

Pepperomia

African Violet

Gloxinia

I would say it is truly therapeutic even to see these plants and flowers display here. Do check out my Part 2 on the next set of plants on cactus, succulents that been displayed here too. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month