Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, June 29, 2020

Fish Pond - Part 2


Reminiscing my old pictures of my water pond where I keep my goldfish and above all - fastening them with all kinds of aquatic friendly plants which I can get my hands on. This is my Part 2 of the continuation of the story.

I had always loved colored foliage plants especially the red ones - this particular of my strong interest when they turn to those rosy tones when exposed well in the a balanced indirect light. It doesn't get much care except some sprinkles of water from the water pond below.

This one is placed in a hanging basket just above the pond. This Sygonium Pink is truly remarkable specimen.




Finally my love for the Fish pond is the cream with the cherry on top: The Gold Fish.
I have taking care of them for years. I could they that they are a hardy ones - lived with me for so many years - I hope they continue their life journey for another decade. 


They are so tame that they come to the hand when comes to feeding time. Sort of used to it and have no fear. 

The only ordeal is keeping the water pond clean and clear from dirt and debris. I had to change & wash the filters on weekly basis to keep the water from turning murky. Also change quarter of the water quantity in keeping them fresh.


Overall, the plants and the biodiversity that rolls in this system somehow manage to keep everything in their perfect order. Happy Fish and Happy Plants.





I also have a spider that had spun a web across the pond which I would say - it is kind of cool to see these living creatures making a home in this tight space tiny garden. I am still amazed to note that it had lasted so many years and still does continue to web to this day.


Can you spot the Spider?



Also, I am a bit of a crazy when it comes for moss when I find this aquatic type of moss growing by the drain-side. I'm still experimenting on it and seeing how well do they fair in my garden condition.

It had eventually evolved when more plants started to grow and introduced together with it. Sort of like a symbiotic gardening putting all of the plants together.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month