Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Visiting Nursery - Giant Batu Caves - Part 2

This is my continuation from my Part 1 of Visiting a Nursery Set-Up in Giant Supermarket in Batu Caves. These collection are basically arrayed on a stand - what I want to show are the Succulent Varieties.

Mass Cane or Corn Plant
Dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana'

It is named Corn Plant but it is definitely a real Corn Plant rather an ornamental foliage plant where the leaves appears to have a corn like plant features - also this one is also featured for the cylindrical cane like branches where the bunches of leaves appear from the side of the stem.

Sansevieria Moonshine


I must say this is a rare find as these are not easily available and may prove difficult to care as they can easily rot away if over-watered. More of a sensitive type and most preferable for indoor setting with limited or extreme low watering regime. Once the rot sets it - it may almost too late to safe the plant.




This is another version where the foliage sprays open wide. I think there are more varieties introduced now in comparison to the common ones which I might say that they are hardier. These are considered sensitive and slow growing plants.

Alocasia reginula 'Black Velvet'



I must say the size and the formation of these foliage are quite impressive. These plants are rare but they are quite challenging plant - not a plant for beginners as they can be very unpredictable.


Calathea species


These are collection of succulents and cactus which are neatly wrapped - more like a gift plant style. However I must say that these are sun lovers and may not do well too long in a shaded setting as they may turn green and leggy looking for stronger light source.


Regardless, they are truly a good selection to choose from if you are collector. They can last for many years - given proper care and all. I have a few of them which I had kept more than 20 years - the ones I constantly trim and propagate which I consider hardy ones.

Again, there are more to be said and researched about these ones - they may appear common but truly they are unique - each individual plant have a specific care and needs.

I had my fun time with them and the phase had moved on as some died, some eaten by squirrels and some rotten away due to over watering - the ones that survived lasted me for years. 






I must say that time to time, there will be a new collection and unique plants displayed that marvel and intrigue me. As for now - I'm contented viewing and enjoying them like a garden as I truly don't have space or their needs to cultivate them in my garden especially the succulents and cactus.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month