Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Cane Begonia 'Albo-picta var rosea'


This particular cultivar is very similar to albo-picta but the leaf formation has more edgy formation at the top for this one. I have yet to see the blooms to determine whether if it is different or has the same pink color like albo-picta.











Some updates:
I found the features of the foliage seemed to be a bit rounder and the spotted specks are visible even on matured leaves. However I'm a bit concerned when I find this plant is growing tall but no new branches appearing which worries me as it may suddenly succumb to root rot and I may lose the plant.

I am thinking of trimming down the plant and propagating them into few plants of which I had done earlier and only one stem appeared to survive this ordeal - thus the only surviving piece currently available. Indeed it is a such a sensitive plant and I'm yet to find anyone who is having this specimen for me to truly identify it.
I got this one from a friend who had already moved to another country after she had finished her studies and I have no clue other than this one surviving in my garden.
Mostly like the mystery will reveal itself when this one have decided to flower - but as for now - this much of information I can muster.


Apart from this slight variation.
Other matters are very much similar with the general information about Cane Begonias.

Do click below for more information on Cane Begonias.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month