Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, January 4, 2019

Welcome 2019...Bromeliads


Finally set for this New Year.
With blazing colours, stripes and splashes..
I wished I had a red paint and sprinkle on them to add more vibrant tones..
Here it is: A final work for this year:


Showcase here are the various collection of bromeliads collected over the years.
I had retained more colours and given away the greens
(giving chance for more colours than boring green)


I had many challenges with them
With cats climbing over them and squirrels nibbling over the bud crowns and toppling over the whole pot and it falls on my begonias - it was truly heart-breaking to see the mess and investigating what went wrong.


I had stopped using crushed eggshells as organic fertiliser as it somehow attracts tree shrews and squirrels to investigate and the faint egg-shell fragrance somehow encourage these rodents to nibble on my plants. I had lost few orchids stalks because of this menace.


The red seemed to be more vibrant and glorious with the sun on them.
However, I had not seen their flowers.
Without flowers, there would be any pups and there won't be any cascading features without them.



Somehow, it all turned out ok.
I just love the colours that it gives out
Truly brightens the day...


The corner side is a bit questionable, whether to remove the whole lot of orchid colony which had failed me from blooming last year. I'm still spraying fertilisers on them.
Well, we'll see for another year.
If nothing happens - then its time to bit fare-well to them.





All good panoramic full view and a view from the balcony.
Somehow, these pictures do not do justice to them -they are simply beautiful.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month