Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, January 7, 2019

Vertical Garden Update


Recollecting history is one difficult work when it really doesn't matter much unless its about showing what works and what don't. At the end of the day - it's more on what you like and what you don't and what's the next thing you want to try your hands on.

The best part was the overgrown Trailing Watermelon begonia that stole the garden,


This is another beautiful element to work with Cascading Effect of Bromeliad leaves.
The layering does so well with orchids that is partially shaded below them.
The challenge was making them bloom - I'm very much contemplating on giving them up, lets just see how they fare in this environment.




I had recently introduced Episcias in this collection and found that they are doing very well in this space. And more excellently springing forth flowers and runners that makes my heart merry.
And there is something new to look forward in seeing new blooms of orchids for a long-term basis and the cherry fiery reds that flames like violets for one day..


And for humour sake, a single Coleus that took the centre-stage this time.
It is very much stuck in that dwarf stage - I wonder if the species is designed as such - as these are planted by seeds and not propagated by cuttings.




I loved the Sygonium species that fares the light lime shades but I started to have trouble of their invasive characteristics and decided to remove them and plant them in a more challenging space where many won't grow. So far..they are doing just fine.


A singular Tradescantia species make a lot of impact when white is introduce as base colour in the midst of red veined leaves.


I thought red leaved Episcias are very difficult care compared to their green and brown versions.
I was so surprised that they are doing so wonderfully here.

More updates coming...


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month