Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, January 7, 2019

Vertical Garden - Latest View


This is the current view of the Vertical Wall. The hot & dry season had begun during this time. Normally happens during Chinese New Year season. The good thing about this season is it induce mass blooming period for orchids. I'm really looking forward for it.


The other thing about bright sun is that it induce the red pigmentation for neogelias (or else it would turn green) and where I'm staying - sunshine is considered limited. 



Here, I'm showcasing the flower spike of the doritaenopsis orchid (a cross between phaleanopsis and doritis orchid) These flower spikes will last almost for 6 months and another one comes out during September period.


The only thing I need to watch out for is the weight of the flower spike where they had snap off before by their sheer weight and the curious rodents which nibble and bite the poor flower spike.


And so, growing a dumbcane somehow deter them from coming around this place to a certain extent.
They are toxic but not extremely poisonous. The broad shaped leaves do give some shade when it gets too hot.











Another orchid specimen - Blue Martin never cease to bloom in my garden. Truly a marvel to see their continuous blooms.


2 comments:

Ragna said...

The pictures of your garden are always very enjoyable. Such beauty! I appreciate being able to click on a photo and see it enlarged.

Ragna
San Antonio TX

James David said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed them.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month