Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, January 4, 2019

Bromeliads...Oh Bromeliads...


I suddenly realised the folly of keeping track of time doesn't work when it comes for gardening.
Before you know it -
I had totally changed my gardening style but haven't updated them in years..
(well about 2 years to be exact)


These are a distant memory of last year where I had decided to reset all the bromeliads at the top rank where they get the most of the sunlight.

Earlier I was very concerned about it and only placed the green leaved ones as they were more hardy and heat resistant.

And they somehow,
rewarded me with flowers and multiple pups...
Bad idea when its all boring green.
Well..Hmm..
I got a little bit more ambitious in expecting colours
and had added few neoregelieas here and there to give variety.

This arrangement there were more
of trailing water-melon begonia that stole the limelight.
I had removed most of them and kept it bare minimum
and replaced the space with episcia collection for 2019.



Back to Broms.
The foliar fertiliser had done a nice cascading work on the leaves to cover the phalaenopsis orchids which I managed to place them just at the second rank below them.

Over the months, they had over crowded and I had replant them as some of the coloured species had squeezed out and suffered growth space. Sadly few of the species had died by my neglect.


Some though, had proved resilient
and grew regardless of the outcome.
These two featured below were gifted to me
by my gardening friends
- years ago these were considered rare but now with many hundreds hybrids cultivated,
the older out of fashion ones had flooded the market and fare much in affordable prices.

More updates coming up.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month