Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Begonia Emeiensis (Mt. Emei Begonia)


INTRODUCTION:

Identifying this particular one was quite challenging as there are not much of information available, more challenging to research whether the information given can even be considered reliable. I must say, 'I spy with my little eye" to determine whether if it is true with limited / incomplete information I can gather and garner and put it up for the common good for everyone advantage for more information and study purpose.

Identifying these particular begonia as Large Green Begonia which is a Rhizome type fall into few categories, some of them have very strong similarities especially Begonia Plebeja & Begonia Popenoei ( Popenoe’s Begonia ) and may also be Lotusland Hybrid Begonia.

The closest reference I believe that this one is known as Begonia emeiensis (Mt. Emei Begonia)

Considered native to China from  Mt. Emei, collected by Dan Hinkley in 1998. This rhizome begonia type, The larger light green - yellow tones without any red or burgundy tones (which is absent) identify that these are very much like the highland types.

This particular begonia is very bushy and sprays out and takes up large space and may not ideal for small garden spaces - and so do consider the needed space when cultivating this particular one. However this one can be considered hardy and have the basic similarities of most begonia needs.




Begonia Common Names and Images

Do click on the Link Above ☝

Here is the link where I had put together a list of all the begonias that I had come across. 
A database of all the different types & their characteristics. 
Please click on the link on the title above for the post.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month