Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, September 25, 2009

Mother Hen & Her Nine Chicks



Date: 23rd Sept. 2009
I was cleaning up and checking on my garden when I heard a baby chick sound. I was tempted to push the hen and see if they had hatched but dare not put my hand and decided to put a broom handle and see - true enough the mother hen got furious and started pecking over the stick.

On the next day, all the nine chicks got hatched. I noticed that there is a huge trouble this mother hen faced. Just below there is this big monsoon drain infront of her and another drain kerb at the side, the mother hen came inside my house and started calling her chicks to come to the other side by going thru the ferns and fencing.

One and two chicks managed but the rest was just lost, I took the liberty to safe all of them sending one by one to the mother hen. (Needed to be quick too as the hen was very defensive)
Finally all of the chicks reached safely and I had started feeding the new family with break crumbs.

Later, the owner of the hen took all the chicks into his house and care for them (or had chicken soup!!! - hope not, poor little ones)




























2 comments:

Chloe m said...

Wow! That is a busy mother hen! Thanks for sharing these adorable pictures! You are lucky!
Rosey

James David said...

Most welcome Rosey.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month