Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, July 3, 2009

Red Vine Spinach



I used to play with these seeds when I was a child. It gives a red stain when the fruit (berries) is pressed and that sparks to a lot creativity during my childhood.

This vine is hardy and easy to grow. I often trim the whole plant and give it to my neighbours as they love this vegetable. I'm not so much of eating this spinach.

I did used it for Christmas decoration as I took these red vines and attached them on my staircase railing. (regret now why I didn't take those pictures)

Tips:
Needs a good watering (but not wet /soggy soil), soil: humus-rich, sandy loam in full sun or semi shade.

Propagation: From seed or cuttings.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew it up the same trellises as my cucumber and also my bean trellises it did very very good a continual harvest right up till frost it started as weather stated getting constantly warm when it was kind of cool then warm once inawhile it grew very slow but once it warms up alot it takes right off just be careful to always harvest the largest leaves first then you will always have an everbearing plant with new leave growth all season till it gets to cold best rplacement ever I made for spinach cause spinach is short lived and malabar is all season bearing eating contant

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month