Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Garden Update - Final part



This is the other side of my my garden where the plants are in hanging pots along the fencing area. My friend had passed me this Oxalis and mentioned to me that it was dying, true enough when I unearthed the soil and found that the bulbs where rotting. I managed to safe just one bulb. Recently the leaf didn't look good as it appears to closed all day. Hope its not rotting again as that is the last straw of this species.


.
I also managed to reset my joyweed & zebra tradescantia - keeping them trim and proper, the difficult part is that there are too many of it and I have to choose only to use the crowns in replanting. These are the very hardy ones - able to withstand all types of weather (rain, hot sun, washed down soil, draught) I will strongly recommend these for any beginners.
.





.
And finally orchids.
Im still having mixed feelings with them, they seemed not to flower for all these years, I have been be very patient with them.
I got some tips from a gardener/blogger friend.
Will post his comment more in details once I get his follow-up and progress in getting this orchid blooming.
.

9 comments:

Makarimi Abdullah said...

The most I like is the 1st hanging plant, still finding the scientific name. I have so many last time but my turkey eat them all ( I'm not hanging that plant) ;( Hope they still left some for me.

Jess said...

Oxalis need to go dormant for part of the year. If for no seeming reason they start looking rather old and pathetic, typically what I do is assume they need some dormancy, and don't really water them for a bit.

Here this happens about twice a year. Then once they recoup under there they start all over again.

I do think they don't need all that much on the care side apart from that. Mine grow in the ground and get no special treatment at all.

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

wow look at that beautiful plant in the hanging pots. What a pretty sight to see them in person.

Chloe m said...

Just talking about orchids makes me tremble in fear. I have no expertise in growing them yet for some people they seem to thrive. Good luck with growing them! I hope they do well for you!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

You really are going vertical with hanging pots... Oxalis is fairly easy to grow. Funny because it loves water, but too soggy it will rot. Kakdah has them in few pots.

James David said...

Orchid de dangau - Actually I too still finding some of their scientific names - somehow, I guess most of them are hybrids and therefore I just settled to the genes and groups.

Jess - guess it must appear to be weedlike in some part of the world & wished I was nearby to stach some of them to my garden. Thanks for dropping by.

Malay-Kadazan - sometimes they look lovely, I guess its too common to my eyes that I take them for granted.

Rosey - some of the orchids are actually very hardy. Its just finding the right species to suit your zone and garden care.

Bangchik - Im still learning how to grow them, hope to become an expert on it someday.

Autumn Belle said...

James, you are really good with hanging gardens. Your orchids has given me some inspiration on how to replant my baby orchid dendrobiums. It is not easy to classify our home orchids with scientific names.

Stephanie said...

That oxalis will look good hanging :-D The few leaves are looking good. Keep it up! (Unlike my Purple Velvet ;-() Don't let the rain disturb these precious leaves for now. The bulb is really strong. It will grow for you I hope. Once it is growing nicely, it must have lots of light in order for the variegated purple colours to look nicer.

Walt said...

Hey James it's Walt from Saint Pete, Florida again, it's been a long time since I have stoped in but I must say you have done a great job with your garden. Hope to keep in touch with ya'

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month