Welcome to My Little Garden

Welcome to My Little Garden
Welcome to My Little Garden

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
There is something very serene and stable when I come and spend time in my Garden. These are my quiet moments where I seek God - listening and finding myself in that reflection. There are times when I'm not able to blog, If you have any questions or queries Do seek me out in Facebook and I will try my best to help you out.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wandering Jew - Tradescantia Zebrina



I had so many of these that I considered this as a weed instead of a plant. Above all, I took this one for granted that I threw away a lot of it that now, I do not have any now. Its very invasive and extremely hardy. Once its get out of hand, it will practically grow anyway. The only thing that makes this one unattractive is when it gets leggy. I guess most tradescantia may become leggy.

However, I still like the dual colours it gave, when in full sun - it gives a robust red tone, when in shade it gives the fluorescent "zebra" tones. I'm starting to miss this plant, its still growing in my mother's garden and I can get it anytime. The last one I had was infected with snail as it had damaged most of the leaves and look very unattractive. (I had finally threw away my last specimen)

Just wondering whether I want to start this anytime soon or consider it later.


3 comments:

  1. Cool--these plants are common annuals grown here in DC. I see them everywhere and have been thinking about taking a clipping to grow at home, but I have not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Kenneth, my suggestion is think wisely before introducing them in your garden. They are invasive and not easy to rid off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you.. this purple beauty is very invasive..a few cuttings accidentally got thrown into pots containing other plants and took root..roots too easily, IMO..it's nice as a growing screen though..

    ReplyDelete



As for Anonymous commentors:
Please do write your name and place
(eg: John, UK)
That way, I know who you are and where you're from.

I really appreciate your thoughts and experiences concerning these matters. Thank you.

And please no spamers, products, etc - they will be deleted as the comments are moderated.

If you have any queries that needs immediate attention - seek me out in Facebook, message me and I will come back to you ASAP.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels