Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Curry Leaf Tree - Murraya Koenigii



It is truly a joy in cooking curry and freshly picking them and putting them while cooking the curry. The aroma of the curry together with the curry leaves just uplifts the appetite in having a good heartily meal.

I got this plant from my mother in law. As I said, I have a sudden urge to have a garden with useful plants (finally!! I guess my wife will agree with me this time) The only thing is this plant is growing ever so slowly, I wished it would speed up the growing as it look more like a miniature coconut plant than a curry leaf plant.

Another few more stripping and that will be the end of this plant.
I guess the lack of sun is making this plant grow slowly. Probably may reposition this plant to a sunny area.

Tips: They like full sun & very well drained soil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This plant grows much better in ground where it can spread roots. In my garden, the underground runners sprout new plant everywhere. If you do not want the plant sprouting all over, try using some root barrier.The flowers are gorgeous and smell citrusy sweet. The black seed is like a small berry.

Becky said...

Becky NY USA

I ordered a curry leaf plant to come in the spring. I hope I can care for it . I'm looking forward to cooking with it! Mine will have to stay in a pot. I found your post helpful!

James David said...

Anonymous - Yes, I agree they are better planted on ground compared to a potted plant.

Becky - Good luck in your curry plant. They do need good ammount of sunlight to thrive. May to a follow-up on this curry leaf plant, do look out for it.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month