Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Ferns with Begonias


One ot the things about ferns is that they can become really a pest, which is in a good way - it means its very much agile and able to take any abuse and considered quite a hardy plant..
But it depends how you look at it.


Fluffy ruffle ferns are somehow has a gentle side and somehow forgivable when she lets her hair down. I had earlier reset the whole collection and hanged them by the gate side and planted together with Martin Mystery Bagonias.


It took awhile for them to regen but somehow they managed to stick together.
I almost lost a set of this begonia (it had shed all her leaves) I hope it regenerated... but I guess you might not had noticed it..


These are shaded plants but can handle a bright side area.
Too shaded - the begonia leaves will be in silver, brighter and the leaves are in burgundy.
Many of my friends had mistaken them for 2 different species - this begonia is able to change colours.. 


These only thrive with organic fertiliser - anything else can be too strong for them.
I would recommend if you desire to do a mix & match - this would be a very nice ideal combo.

Or if you have any ideas with mix & match with Fluffy Ruffle Ferns or Martin Mystery Begonia.
I would really like to hear from you.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month