Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, October 28, 2013

Hot Red Blooms in the Garden






















One of the joys of having this ground orchid is that its started blooming again after the 6 months blooming span. Its started after the 3 day heavy rain that took place this week with 2 new flower spike together with it.
I guess its a good thing to put them outdoor where they face the weather and spring forth new flower spikes.









 These pictures (below) are taken 2 weeks ago before the rainy season. Still going strong since May (6 months in bloom ever since)























The Spicy Jatropha had a major pruning session. It was terribly infected with mealy bugs together with the farming ants. I tried to controlled it with insecticide time to time but they seemed to get the upper hand every time and bring forth major disaster as the flowers and new-shoots started deforming.

This time after the pruning - I placed them outdoors where they ants have no easy access to them and now they are blooming profusely.




























These miniature Anthurium don't seemed to get back to their major many blooms instead just one at a time. Seemed like they are happy that way - not getting into the lime light of blooming. Though it happens discreetly the bloom does last very long.
























I finally found a good place to put my Fire Cracker Plant.
There is however a big problem faced with their cascading effect when it appear to fall all over spilling from a standing pot giving that drunkard messy look in the garden of that want not - throw not factor.

Here happily cascading for the Sun birds to drink its nectar from and they are happy to hold on those flower branches.





























I had isolated this Crown of Thorns as they do prove very hostile when it comes to their spiky thorns.
Nevertheless, they are also giving their beautiful cream blooms which is normally rare during the rainy cloudy season.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those fine sprays of foliage/'firecrackers' look so wonderful James! Like it a lot!! Re anthurium, I have one growing in my garden right now. In fact I think the size of the shrub is same as yours also haha...! I just shift to another location and added some fertiliser last weekend. I hope it will produce more blooms. And as always, good job with the ground orchids :-)

Mystic Dreamer said...

Nice blooms James.

James David said...

Thanks Stephanie.
I know you got another colour variety too.
Hope perhaps we can exchange of plants one day..

James David said...

Hey! Thanks!

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month