Welcome to My Little Garden

Welcome to My Little Garden
Welcome to My Little Garden

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
There is something very serene and stable when I come and spend time in my Garden. These are my quiet moments where I seek God - listening and finding myself in that reflection. There are times when I'm not able to blog, If you have any questions or queries Do seek me out in Facebook and I will try my best to help you out.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Purple Heart - Tradescantia pallida



Also known as Purple Heart. Its another type of Wandering Jew or Inch plant. I guess there are many varieties of it. Unlike other tradescantia, this one have a deep roots. I had many times dig out those trailing worm size roots out before planting something else. So, the invasive parts are very much come from the roots as they may sprout again.

I also found that they do not like wet soggy soil, seemed to get branch rot when over watered. Also don't do very well in shady areas, as they are sun lovers.
Eventually the whole plant will get leggy and move out from the pot literally with trailing roots.
So, replanting is necessary time to time.

Other than that, the purple leaves do give a very good contrast for the yellow foliage.






1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures James.. I love taking pictures myself of anything & everything, I invite you to stop on in & check out my site if you want.
    Walt

    http://coolbreezephotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete



As for Anonymous commentors:
Please do write your name and place
(eg: John, UK)
That way, I know who you are and where you're from.

I really appreciate your thoughts and experiences concerning these matters. Thank you.

And please no spamers, products, etc - they will be deleted as the comments are moderated.

If you have any queries that needs immediate attention - seek me out in Facebook, message me and I will come back to you ASAP.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels