Welcome to My Little Garden

Welcome to My Little Garden
Welcome to My Little Garden

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
There is something very serene and stable when I come and spend time in my Garden. These are my quiet moments where I seek God - listening and finding myself in that reflection. There are times when I'm not able to blog, If you have any questions or queries Do seek me out in Facebook and I will try my best to help you out.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nature Walk 1 - Spider Lily (Hymenocallis littoralis)



I was in a mood for a nature walk this afternoon and decided to check out the floral landscape near my office area. These are planted near an apartment area which is currently been evacuated. I guess a new development had bought over the land and the work is in progress.

Anyway, I had spotted few of these spider lily plant planted in miniature park area together with Ti plant & Corn tree plant (pic. not taken) Sadly, this area is not maintained properly as its been littered with rubbish.




I love these flowers as I use to take them as cut flowers and placed them in a vase, during evening the floral gives out a sweet lily fragrance - very calm & relaxing.
(Though needed to be careful for the sap or milk as its irritate the skin and considered a poisonous plant)

This is a lily species, planted though the bulb.
I had seen in most areas where this plant is planted (usually for road borders & landscaping).

Tips:
1) To get max. flowers, trim off totally all the leaves from the bottom. New leaves together with the flower stalk appears after pruning.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment and visit!

    I love these flowers too! We have other species of Hymenocallis here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lucia & thanks for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete



As for Anonymous commentors:
Please do write your name and place
(eg: John, UK)
That way, I know who you are and where you're from.

I really appreciate your thoughts and experiences concerning these matters. Thank you.

And please no spamers, products, etc - they will be deleted as the comments are moderated.

If you have any queries that needs immediate attention - seek me out in Facebook, message me and I will come back to you ASAP.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels