Welcome to My Little Garden

Welcome to My Little Garden
Welcome to My Little Garden

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
There is something very serene and stable when I come and spend time in my Garden. These are my quiet moments where I seek God - listening and finding myself in that reflection. There are times when I'm not able to blog, If you have any questions or queries Do seek me out in Facebook and I will try my best to help you out.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Garden Theme: Fragrant Plants




This is the tricky one. Having fragrant plants that lasts.
So far, these are my collections:

FLORAL:

1) Water Jasmine (Wrightia religiosa)
2) Orange Jasmine (Murraya paniculata)
3) Jasmine "Grand Duke of Tuscany" (Jasminum sambac)
4) Night Blooming Jasmine (Cestum nocturnum)
5) Rangoon Creeper (Quisqualis indica) - " passed back to my mum"


FOLIAGE:

1) Fragrant Pandan (Pandanus amaryllifolius)
2) Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum)
3) Curry Leaf Tree (Murraya koenigii)
4) Indian Borage (Coleus ambionicus or Plectranthus amboinicus)

I have managed to plant 4 pots of Water jasmine, 1 pot of Orange jasmine (after many trials and error - I have decided to buy this plant which I got for a very good price - RM4)

My mum had passed to me some of her collection and now I have a nice fragrant collection.
Most of my fragrant plants are still young and may take some time for them to mature and be at the optimum stage for fragrance.

Presentation:

a) All of these plants are unattractive unless they flower, so when they don't flower, the best thing to do is set them with side deco.
I had placed white pebbles by the base of the pot to give a maximum impact for the plant when they don't flower or yet to flower.

b) As for the fragrant foliage - I placed all of them in one spot, to give an impression that they are a collection of herbs and fragrant plants. I'm still working on it.

Will write up individually each plant as I progress with the plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment



As for Anonymous commentors:
Please do write your name and place
(eg: John, UK)
That way, I know who you are and where you're from.

I really appreciate your thoughts and experiences concerning these matters. Thank you.

And please no spamers, products, etc - they will be deleted as the comments are moderated.

If you have any queries that needs immediate attention - seek me out in Facebook, message me and I will come back to you ASAP.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels