Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Grand Duke of Tuscany Jasmine / Rose Jasmine - Plant Care (Video)




Here, I would like to talk about this particular type of Jasmine known as Grand Duke of Tuscany. This video showcased the time lapse from the bud formation to the full spent bloom of the flowers, while in view of this - I would like to share a little bit about the plant care and some characteristics of this particular one. 

As you can see over here this particular bloom is actually fully spent and dried off I supposed to dead-head it but I have totally I missed it but anyway I would like to show to you, how it looks like and you can see from here a new side bloom has taken place from the side of the offshoot of the stem one of the most interesting facts about this particular jasmine is that these blooms seems to last more than few days. 

Normally when it comes to common jasmine flowers these actually last actually for a day but this particular one seems to be hardy and long lasting. This particular jasmine has a common name known as Rose Jasmine for the very resemblance that it does look very closely like a rose. I can say that it does have another characteristic similar like a gardenia flowers, however this particular one has a very strong fragrance. 

When it comes to its fragrance, one of the plus point here is that I had once an experience where the fragrance has actually emitted in the whole of my whole garden and when that was actually coming from one singular flower. So when it comes to Jasmine I can say that you can actually call it a King of Jasmine because the fragrance is just so mesmerizing. 

When it comes to plant care like most jasmine, this particular one needs to be in in bright sunlight area I would not recommend it to be planted by shade or semi shade area because you may have problems getting them to bloom. Also it does need to have a good watering at least once a day because it's actually exposed to the sun, so therefore it is actually a thirsty plant and I also can say that it also a very uh heavy feeder because lack of which it may not bloom. 

I can also mention that it does do well when it comes to heavy pruning and one of the factors here is that when it comes to pruning they tend to give more flower buds when when they go through that particular kind of stress. The other factor here is that do watch out for pests, normally I come across caterpillars feasting on even on the flower buds so don't keep an eye on that but also I noticed that there are other uh familiar pests and somehow like grasshoppers and even spidermites and scale insects seems to attack this particular plant. 

Propagation is normally used by stem cutting but it can be proved as challenging, so somehow marcotting seems to do a good job but in a way I find that by just cutting the stem and poking it in sort of seems to do good based on the medium condition. Once this particular jasmine has established itself in your garden I think there's nothing much to worry about except for daily watering and occasional pruning and feeding. Another interesting fact that i've come across is that you can actually use this rose buds for making tea all you have to do is take the flower buds and dry it or you can actually use the fresh flowers and actually boil it together with tea and you actually have Jasmine Tea.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month