Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, April 20, 2015

Oncidium Orchids

This would be the first bloom for the year.
This had gone missing for awhile - I guess this orchid had been focusing on its growth and new productions of many psedobulbs. And the trouble is - it never flowered.

There had been a drop of temperature recently when it had been raining for few nights.
Earlier seemed be like weeks of a long dry spell with hot non-air movement nights.
But the saddest part is - only this orchid bloomed (What about the rest??)

Well, to be content with simplicity - something bloomed than nothing.
Still - I enjoy the elegance of the cascading effect of this ladies dressed in yellow.
These blooms lasted for 1-2 weeks and the whole floor is littered with fallen withered flowers - marking the end of the bloom season.

I had started the fertiliser regime now.
Sudden zeal of wanting to see more blooms and with the whole collections of fertilisers been kept of ages.
I rather finish them used here now.

Would appreciate if anyone can suggest to me any easy - secret recipe for orchids to bloom.
They seemed to be so stubborn.
I have to say that they are not the sterile type as I had seen them bloomed years ago.
Now - its all the waiting.

Till then - enjoy my white Oncidium Orchid.
Hope it gives you a new perspective of how I see plants.









No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month