Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Versatile Blogger






















Sometimes it is truly nice to appreciate and thank the bloggers who continuously write and support (in this case gardening). This is a place where total strangers become good cyber friends - who advice and support each other in giving tips and garden applications.
And I think this would be the nice appropriate time to do so - using this award.



Thanks Stephanie from Steph's Green Space for this lovely award. It had been ages since I received one.


Here are the rules upon accepting The Versatile Blogger award:


a) Thank the person who gave you  the award.
b) Include a link to their blog. (click on the name of the blog)
c) Select  15 bloggers that you follow or have just discovered who you would  consider fit the bill   of a 'versatile' blogger. (personally - I think any number will do - depending on your situation)
d) Tell  7 random facts about yourself.
e) Include  this set of rules in your post.
f) Inform  each of your nominated bloggers of their nomination.


I'm sure you would be thinking: Versatile? Who? Me?
Yeah... that's what was running on my mind.
Anyway, I check some definition from Google and found some interesting stuff:


Versatile as:
1) Capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, field of endeavor.
2) Having or capable of many uses.


In no special order, the 17 blogs that I would like nominate for the award are:
I'm not sure whether you can double award a person - regardless I still find that each of them are special & versatile in their own garden styles and taste:


1) Autumn Belle from My Nice Garden.
She is so rich with her passion with flowers and plants. 
She also blogs in My Garden Directory, 
Klang - Malaysia Daily Photo
My nice flowers
(Wow! that's Versatile)


2) Andrea from Andrea in this Lifetime. She is passionate about plants, nature & wild life. She also blogs in Pure Oxygen Generators with a pen-name Kalantikan


3) Stiletto
The way she puts nature and plants together in a harmony and the perception of how everything balance in their order. As she puts it: A Tranquil Niche for Reflection.


4) Aaron from Aaron's Gardening Blog.
I believe he is the youngest enthuasiatic gardener I had ever come across who is able to juggle all the school life pressure together with everything life got to offer and still manage gardening.  
He loves  video games, animate, makes models & also enjoys papercrafts.


5) Evelyn (Gone Tropical) from Blogging in Myrtle Glen
Whenever I see her Garden - it amaze me how Central Florida can be so similar to my region.
Most of the common plants there are also common in my garden and region but we are exactly world's apart. 


6) Noel from A Plant Fanatic in Hawaii.
He writes about the Life & Times of all beautiful, colourful things that takes place in his place. And always beautiful to see through his eyes & perception even to the smallest details when it comes to flowers & plants.


7) Ami from Southeast Florida Garden Evolvement
This is another favourite Florida blog concerning Garden. There is something new in her garden.


8) Africanaussie.
I was really not sure where to comment in her blog and end-up commenting in Explore the Tropics.
I didn't realise that she was very active in Africanassie (title of her blog) and that she got a very beautiful garden with colourful plants. This award truly declares her as a Versatile blogger.


She also blogs in:
 Africanaussie's Favourite recipes
Explore the Tropics
Africanaussie crafts
Putting pen to paper


9) Grace from Gardening with Grace.
A very nice open concept of ornamental garden plants where each plant is beautifully placed in their own specific spot. And they all blend harmoniously with the burst of colours that refreshes your spirit. She also blogs in Subplots by Grace.


10) Anandhirajan from Anandhirajans art n craft
Now she is truly a Versatile blogger - she shares all her work on Murals, Jewellery making, Paintings, Pencil Shading, E-cards & Garden Ideas.
There is a lot of experiments and works that she does here that truly can expand anyone's creativity.


11) Kebun Malay-Kadazan girls.
A Malaysian Gardener in Australia. I enjoy seeing her versatility in able to juggle so many things - keeping up with the family, gardening, cooking and harvesting vegetables. Now that is a lot to consider to handle in one day.
She also blogs in Kebun Bahagia Bersama.


12) Rosie from Leavesnbloom
I enjoy how she writes and relates all the season of time with her garden. 
Every season have its beautiful rare moments which I never seen. How nature handles versatility in bringing about it daily struggle and the beauty of it is so well defined in her blog.


13) Wendy from Greenish Thumb
An excellent writer who is able to transparently relate all the life issues and putting gardening together in that equation. And the amazing part of how she cooks with the yield that comes from her garden, the wonderful simple & easy recipes, Garden stories with family and friends that truly warms the heart.
Another rare versatile blogger.


14) Sue from A Corner Garden
One thing I admire is that she always take the trouble to keep up with the ever-changing seasons in her garden. And I truly admire her ability to put the right plants in the right location with the sequence of the seasonable blooming. I'm very sure I won't be able to manage that kind of disciple. Being Versatile in the keeping the best of gardening in every season is really hard work.


15) Alistair from Aberden Gardening from Bonnie Scotland
The colours from his garden is so timeless that it would captivate you to enjoy the stillness and the beauty that comes from his garden. He really takes his time to ensure that nothing is missed out. And I'm enjoying his work a lot.


16) Makarimi from Orchids de Dangau
An orchid expert who is very well versed with orchids & participates many orchid exhibitions. 
He also have a peacock and poultry farm which he also blogs there.


17) Orchids from Antonio.
You will marvel to notice the excellent in the details he put in exhibiting the different species of the orchids. This is art and science together.
(You may have to click - Translate page to read his blog)


Seven random facts about myself:


1) I'm currently pursuing a degree in Practical Theology. Both my wife and I are doing it together and so there is a lot of support and help comes when we are studying together.


2) Love to inspire, encourage and support others. 
Sometimes I do too much and it might end up appearing to be nagging or being pushy.


3) Hate to see plants die - I end up rescuing them.
(Most of the time - I check if they are infected with virus or pest - don't want to jeopardise my current garden plants accidentally)


4) I enjoy singing - it just lifts up the spirit and the soul.
  (Don't know whether others enjoy listening to me or not - Guess that is another matter)


5) Love to sit back, relax, enjoy every moment of time in the garden. Not so much of an outdoor person or adventure.


6) I like everything to be neat and tidy.
Currently I have my children who loves to mess things up and so that ideal lifestyle of perfection is just a big challenge to keep the house in order daily.


7) I started to realise that I'm an Empath.
Earlier I thought that it was empathy & that it was just some sort of a skill or something.
Then I realise after reading few bloggers who dedicate themselves in explaining very well about Empath - that was truly an enlightening moment to realise why my emotion and senses seemed to be heighten and amplified in great proportion.
It might seemed that its a lot of exaggeration here - but I guess most gardeners are - especially when they are in touch with nature and plants - something magical happens to them.
Empathic Perspective

Finally, 
I'm very sure that a lot more people do deserve this award.
Please let me know if you would like it as I'm glad to send this award to you.


And yes - a lot of us are pressed for time and all.
(Putting up this list also takes a lot of time - so.. I understand if you are unable to adhere this rules and all - it is not compulsory  that you need to accept this nomination like what I did)


And I think 15 bloggers is really too much to handle for some (unless you got few dozen in your daily listing) I'm sure you can send just a few which you think that might make a difference. In any case - I leave it to you to make the decision.


I guess there are a lot of blogs to check here. Do take your time and enjoy reading a whole lot of treasures here.
Have a great weekend.

29 comments:

africanaussie said...

thanks for the nomination James, I have already received this award in the past, so wont do it again. Nice to hear a little more about you, and to review some interesting new blogs.

Stephanie said...

Now that I know you have lots of other things going on as well. You are not just a versatile blogger but a very versatile person indeed! I hope you and your wife will pass with flying colours. Have a great weekend!

James David said...

Glad to hear that you like the review.

James David said...

Thanks Stephanie - we are now in our semester break.
Will be continuing next month - will be our final year.
Thanks for the Award.

Alistair said...

Thanks for the nomination James. I have had the offer in the past and I am so very pleased that you would think of my blog as being worthy.

Alistair said...

Thanks for the nomination James. I have had the offer in the past and I am so very pleased that you would think of my blog as being worthy.

Gone Tropical said...

Congratulations James on receiving this awesome Award, you so deserve this! :-)
And thank you for thinking of me and passing on this award, I am truly honored.

painted princess collection said...

congrats james for recieving this award.You truly deserve this. I wish many more awards to follow.
I am very much feel elated and surprised for passing the award to me
Cheers
anandhirajan

Antonio said...

Thank you so much for nominating James, I am very happy coming from you. I am glad to have discovered your blog, and so lovingly cared for his garden, your orchids, you are a very versatile person.
I hope you enjoy your holiday with all the family.

pd. my English is not very good, but I will try inserting it easier.
good day

Autumn Belle said...

Hi James. Thank you very much for nominating me. It is nice to know more about you from this post. It is also nice to read another's views about me as a blogger. Wishing you and your DW the very best of luck in your studies!

Unknown said...

Hi James. Many thanks for the nomination. I just got back from my trip abroad and is still in the throes of jet lag. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do but will slowly explore to discover more. Btw I've always enjoy reading about your efforts, trials and tribulations in order to spur growth from your plants.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

That was so interesting :)

James thankyou so much for the award and thankyou for the lovely write up you did about my blog - very poetically said too. Would you mind if I copied what you wrote about mine?

I've already been given this award in the past so thankyou very much for including it in your nominations aswell.

I wish you were not a no-commentreply blogger as I would have loved to have carried on the conversation into an email to find out more about your studies.

I hope you and your wife enjoy the time away from your studies, Rosie

GRACE PETERSON said...

Hi James, Sorry it's taken so long to get here. Your post was very informative. I enjoyed learning more about you and the wonderful blogs you highlighted. I'm a neat person too and kids sure do challenge that, don't they? Frustrating sometimes. And interesting that you're an Empath.

Thank you for including me among these amazing bloggers. I don't feel worthy, but thank you. I'll be sure to mention you on my next blog post.

Have a great week!

James David said...

I'm glad that you are pleased.
And Yes, Of course! I do think its due all the worth.

James David said...

Thank you and you are also most welcome.

James David said...

Thank you and you are also most welcome.

James David said...

Thank you for your lovely comment.
Don't worry so much about the English.
I really appreciate your effort to keep in contact.

James David said...

Likewise the thought to know about other garden bloggers view about me often brings a lot of joys and surprises.

Thank you and you are also most welcome.

James David said...

Thank you and you are also most welcome.

James David said...

Glad to know that you are safely home and have a very good rest.
Thank you for enjoying my blog and garden stories.
I'm glad that you enjoy them.

James David said...

Rosie - you may copy what I wrote.
I'm glad that you like it very much.
You are most welcome to have a nice conversation in my e-mail.

Thanks for the wishes.

James David said...

Grace,
Yes, the children are really a handful and they are also a bundle of joy and so I can just do away with neatness (just a little lower a standard to keep up with reality)
Thank you for your lovely comment and you are welcome.

Ami said...

James: thanks for the reward! It is quite a honor! Unfortunately, recently I have been real busy, and you might have noticed that I have not posted anything for more than three weeks now. So I have to pass this. I do rejoying your writing, and know more about your passion and likes. I also love neat and tidiness at home, which make me feel relaxing, but with a busy working schedule and two kids at home, I have to comprimise it a little bit :)

Thanks again!

GRACE PETERSON said...

I posted a thank you to you on my blog with a link to your blog! Again, I appreciate your kindness. Blessings to you.

James David said...

No problem Ami.
Glad that you accept it as an honour.

James David said...

Thank you for the introduction.
Appreciate it too very much.

Autumn Belle said...

James, my post is ready. The link is here:

http://www.mynicegarden.com/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award-on-my-3rd-blog.html

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Thank you so much I am really honoured to be nominated. I do agree its really hard to keep up with the children mess, had to wait until they are asleep and pack up their toys :).

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Oops! I am very scatterbrained, and my memory is bad. I knew someone had nominated me for this, but forgot about it. The other day, I came across someone who had nominated me, and I let him know that I am not organized enough to accept these and follow through on them. I didn't remember that two people had nominated me. Oh, my! What you said about me does make me feel good, and I enjoyed reading about you, though.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month