Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, June 1, 2009

Water Apples - Syzygium samarangense (part 2)



I had bought these fruits in wet market (pasar malam) near my place and they seemed to be more sweeter and juicier compared to these.

Of course these fruit looks very red but they are not sweet but tasteless. I had few times harvested them and washed and served them as salad, but somehow - I would prefer a mango or rambutan or mangosteen compared to this one.

Once I saw a few fruit bats flying and feasting on them in the night and that gave me reservation in eating these fruits as bats may just nibble and bite small tiny potions which may not be visible.
Somehow they really serve as decoration purpose as once I had placed all these fruits on a centre table with candles and white bougainvilleas.

The atmosphere is very romantic with this exotic touch. Its a pity I didn't manage to take those pictures of the table settings.



I often noticed that squirrels do feast on them but lately they seemed to be too few and been replaced with more agressive rats. Its a sad thing to note this happening and nothing can be done except trap these rats.
Somehow the squirrels make their comeback but its now lesser compared to before.



During the flowering season, the sunbirds make their appearance in the mornings. Its quite a commotion and Im always too late to capture them on camera before they flee.

Just after taking these pictures, it rained heavily in the evening and I guess a good measure of these fruits would have fallen & washed off along with the rainwater down towards the drain.




No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month