Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Sunday, February 23, 2020

How to Care for Tassel Fern - Huperzia phlegmaria



This particular Tassel Fern - Huperzia phlegmaria is the most common type and easily available in most nurseries. I would recommend to start with this one first if you fancy growing this and once you had managed to grow this one for few months and confident, then proceed with different rare species as they can be very expensive too.


Locally these are known as "Pokok Mata Gergaji" or "Pakis Mata Gergaji"
I find this particular local ID seemed to be more creative as the leaves resembles a fern that looks like  "Saw blades"

Also there are different local names based on different regions for this particular one.
I had found that it is also known as "Sari Gading Betina" or "Rambut Puteri" 


New shoots will constantly appear from the root-ball when the plant is healthy and settled well in the garden. This particular one is easiest to cultivate and grow.


I had wrote on how to Care & Cultivate Tassel Ferns in detail. 
Do check on this link for the information.





No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month