Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Orchid Blooms


These bloomed within the short span of time.
The weather had been extreme in these few weeks made the temperature difference
stressing these to bloom.

Regardless,
I still had not enough time to fully enjoy their blooms
and their exclusive fragrance that often made my day.



Some orchid species though never seemed to bloomed
ever since I had introduce them in my garden.
Some had totally rotten and died due to unforeseen shock that had occurred.
Its either crown rot, root rot or vermin attack.

Often its compulsive buying that I end up regretting
as I never actually witness them in second blooming.

Except for these orchids - I'm just going to maintain them for their visual display.





Feeding had played a major role in this floral display.
But again, coming into the right regime proved challenging
due the unpredictable rainy season that often wash off the foliar feeding
in that few hours after application.

Sometimes,
zealously I had overdose it and I'm guilty of overfeeding
causing some burns on the roots and leaf structure.
The ones that survived, bears many blooms.


Of the many orchids,
these constantly bloom with a longer spike.

My pride and joy of constant bloomer.













This is my overall display of orchids
which I had placed them in plastic coke bottles
stuffed with Styrofoam and some common organic material
(coconut chips, charcoal and broken pottery)

I had realized that these roots don't seemed to like root bound inside the container.

Forcing them in re-potting had cause some of them to their early death.
Leaving them be seemed to be the best solution of these.





This is the first time bloomer - Aerides species.

Has a very nice fragrance too.
Lasted about few weeks regardless the weather and truly enjoyed them in my garden.



This is another new bloom - Doritis orchid the white variety.
Rarely blooms but does know how to make a statement.

Well, these are the orchids that makes the show in my garden.
Do let me know what you think?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely orchids, but i'm afraid the cattleya blooms seems slightly stunted with colour breaking which are symptoms of a virus.

Moe said...

Wow...really nice...got to your blog while searching for a place to buy miniature orchids in kl... I'm visiting from the middle east and staying in the klcc area

James David said...

I I guess you are right - The cattleya blooms seems slightly stunted with colour breaking which are symptoms of a virus. But for now, there is no cure nor antidote for them yet and I have to just be contented with these florals for now.

Moe - thank you.
You may able to get some orchids sold in Sg. Buloh Warisan Kusta Nurseries. They do have a good collection sold there.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month