Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Blue Concord Steptocarpella


It is the same as the gesneriads family
Same as African Violet, Flame violet and a few others..
All of which were very sensitive and short-spanned plants in my garden.

I had managed to keep Flame violets (I had lost few species due to neglect)
Some types refused to survive - the ones I have are hardy ones.


I like these little blue flowers.. like bluebells.
The last a day and give a graceful fall from where they are hanged.
I'm keeping them few more days until I find the time to buy some pots and replant them in hangers.
Its overcrowded and most likely - I can separately them roughly into 4 pots.

Until then, I'm just enjoying them in this hanger first.
I can't specifically say how to care for them yet - its my first experience with this plant.
But generally gesneriads have similar care matters.

- not to overwater
- medium to be moist not soggy
- avoid watering on foliage
- not a sunlover / shaded plant


These are the new purchases I got from the Sg.Buloh nursery.
Price: RM10.00





The fallen blooms on a jar.
I had placed a new aquatic plant and few platties I purchased recently here.
Hoping that they will birth pups.
I find these to be very shy compared to guppies and goldfish I have in the pond.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month