Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Friday, January 13, 2017

Philodendron, Potho's and its kind


Just like the Goosefoot plant,
Philodendron share the common ground with this one.

I find the invasive type found in the wild somehow manage to be the alpha in many zone - but not particularly the hybrids - they tend to die easily if proper care is not given.


Here I have in my collection:

1) Philodendron Lemon Lime
2) Epipremnum aureum - Golden Pothos
3) Epipremnum aureum - 'N Joy'
3) Marble Queen Pothos
4) Jade Pothos
5) Monstera Obliqua “Swiss Cheese Vine”
6) Silver Pothos  - Scindapsus pictus 'Argyraeus'
7) Satin Pothos - Scindapsus pictus


Some basic care:

1) They don't do well with conventional fertilisers - one of my botanist friend mentioned to me that they do their own nitrogen and therefore anything extra can be fatal for these kind of species.

2) These are very much epiphytes - and so they prepare some sort of hanging, dangling and tangling..

3) I don't expect them to survive if they start to rot and turn yellow but pruning them before the rot spreading to other healthy plant is a very important.
Somehow - I find that it can be infected with bacteria (rot) which can be infectious.

4) Most of these hybrids are very sensitive to pest attack - especially scale insect and mealy bug - and these are often hidden in between the node (leaf and stalk)
And worst - they are not easy to eradicate and need a long process of pesticide regime.
- and so, take good care to check the plant before purchase before introducing them into your garden.











No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month