Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Succulents & Cacti Collection - 2014






















I had found some works out so well for years in my balcony garden where watering is very much controlled like once a week with shaded bright sun.
Some seemed to worked out well and some remained dormant.

After looking at these collection - I'm pretty sure they are nothing to shout about.
The only thing that is in my mind is to increase of these collection to give them more riot of shapes and colour.

The other factor I need to consider is their availability.
Not many succulents are hardy.

I find that few types of succulents seemed to thrive better in my garden.
Kalanchoe (mother of thousand species)
Senecio species and Sanseveria species (mother in law tongue) seemed to do well.

Whereas the Enheveria & Aeonium types proves difficult but management except for
Sempervivum sp. (hens and chicken) is a total wreck - they need winter to thrive.
( I had not seen Aeonium sold in any nurseries so far)

I also find that sedum species are still ok.
The only challenge is finding them in the nurseries - there are only few varieties available.

Haworthias and Aloes are new in my collection.
So are Crassula.
I'm slowly adding them bit by bit.
Getting the right watering regime and making them hardy in my garden space.
I've been very careful as not to kill anyone of these so far.
And that is good news.

If you have any which you think would be successful that I should try.
Do suggest to me.























No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month