Welcome to My Little Garden

Welcome to My Little Garden
Welcome to My Little Garden

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
There is something very serene and stable when I come and spend time in my Garden. These are my quiet moments where I seek God - listening and finding myself in that reflection. There are times when I'm not able to blog, If you have any questions or queries Do seek me out in Facebook and I will try my best to help you out.

Friday, November 21, 2014

2nd Trial - Short Leaved Aloe























This time I make sure I removed all the soil.
Mixed it with sand as it would be fast draining.
I had left it to totally dry for almost a week before repoting.
Its a pity the plant survived almost 2 weeks and then started to rot.
The pups eventually rotted too a week later.

I had posted this pictures and asked what when wrong:
These are what I had learned:

1) They need total direct hot sun
 - not shaded as even that may not work well for these types.

2) The soil composition is important
- it should be the best fast draining type - too much water kills.

3) Another factor could be the climate
- due to high humidity and rain almost everyday - an added stress

4) Finally - it could be having some external matters
- like a virus infection.
I also found lots of earwigs around the plant
- so that could contributed to the death of this plant.

Anyway,
I'm taking a break from this Aloe.
Probably I stick to more of the hardy type rather than the highly difficult ones.
Especially the ones that dies like this if you make a watering mistake.








No comments:

Post a Comment



As for Anonymous commentors:
Please do write your name and place
(eg: John, UK)
That way, I know who you are and where you're from.

I really appreciate your thoughts and experiences concerning these matters. Thank you.

And please no spamers, products, etc - they will be deleted as the comments are moderated.

If you have any queries that needs immediate attention - seek me out in Facebook, message me and I will come back to you ASAP.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels