Welcome to My Little Garden

Welcome to My Little Garden
Welcome to My Little Garden

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
There is something very serene and stable when I come and spend time in my Garden. These are my quiet moments where I seek God - listening and finding myself in that reflection. There are times when I'm not able to blog, If you have any questions or queries Do seek me out in Facebook and I will try my best to help you out.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Dance of the Pink Fairy



Lovely Fairy of the pink dress,
dance upon the ring of wreath,

Glow and Shine...
Fly and Dance...
Pink-a-fairy, Ting-a-berry,
Belle-a-bloom..

Dance with Joy,
Tip' toe with charm
and sprinkled some fairy dust
as she sings..

A morning she flies...
with her wand held high..
A flower bud she came by..
and I heard her sigh..

" Periwinkle, periwinkle...
Wink, wink, wink..
Periwinkle, periwinkle..
Bloom, bloom, bloom...

This plant is known as Madagascar Periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus)
which is different from common periwinkle.
Other common names: Cape Periwinkle, Rose Periwinkle, Rosy Periwinkle, and "Old-maid".
When lacking water, the leaves with start to wither (top view) but the flower seemed to stay fresh.
Tips to care for this plant:
1) Prefers full sun or partial shade.
2) Best to propogate this plant using seeds.
Warning:
Madagascar periwinkle is poisonous if ingested or smoked. It has caused poisoning in grazing animals

No comments:

Post a Comment



As for Anonymous commentors:
Please do write your name and place
(eg: John, UK)
That way, I know who you are and where you're from.

I really appreciate your thoughts and experiences concerning these matters. Thank you.

And please no spamers, products, etc - they will be deleted as the comments are moderated.

If you have any queries that needs immediate attention - seek me out in Facebook, message me and I will come back to you ASAP.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels