Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wax Begonias

I can officially say that all my Wax Begonias had died.
Somehow in the past I managed to propagate them.
Out of 8 cuttings, 2 or 3 will manage to survive and I was able to keep the species going.
This time - its beyond my scope as all have died.

I had bought the brown one too to try my luck for the second time.
But it too proved unsuccessful.
Somehow I find that these ones are more challenging
compared to the Canes and Rhizome ones.

These fall under the their botanic name: Begonia semperflorens.
Tuberose Begonias seemed to have a rose like flower which also proves challenging.

Another thing is that they easily grow under shade where its moist (almost soggy)
between bricks and moist
See last 3 pictures
These actually grow well like that.
If you can replicate that - I'm pretty sure they can thrive well.









No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month