Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, January 10, 2013

White Flowers in My Garden ( Water Jasmine / Mexican Sword Plant / White Oncidium Orchid)



WATER JASMINE (Wrightia Religiosa) 

Wrightia Religiosa commonly known as Water Jasmine, also known as Sacred Buddhist, Wild Water Plum & Wondrous Wrightia. Its considered a sacred plant for Buddhist - as you can see even the name indicate it so (Sacred Buddhist) and (Religiosa).

Here, my Winter Jasmine had flowered graciously after their heavy pruning. I had downside all their leaves and keep them at bare minimum. I tried to age this plant doing some experiment in making it into a bonsai tree. Whether it is deemed successful or not - one thing for sure - the fragrance that floods in the evening is truly enchanting.

I had planted these from seeds. Now it is finally giving me the results. - the great reward for all the worth of waiting. I had 2 trees - One I kept (this one) and another - I passed to a friend.

He is more critical than me and had chopped off the whole branch leaving a few inches from the roots in making that an ideal bonsai - the problem is: The plant got dormant.







For more detailed information concerning Water Jasmine, please click below:



MEXICAN SWORD PLANT (Echinodorus palaefolius)

Echinodorus palaefolius commonly known as Mexican Sword-plant is truly enchanting when it gives out its spikes of flowers. Somehow there is always a new flower inflorescent at each buds everyday.

They last until late afternoon and I'm not too quick with my camera before the flower fades. This one is very much an aquatic plant, lacking of an adequate water at the base can be detrimental for this plant.



WHITE ONCIDIUM ORCHID:

My Orchid bloomed at the shades of the Spanish Moss.
Something that I admire the most here is that they seemed to create a symbiotic environment with each other. This orchid is unique - it turns to white when it matures.
Can you see the Dancing Ladies?












5 comments:

Unknown said...

Despite your professed tardiness in caring for your plants, they are actually doing very well. Your Water Jasmine (Wrightia religiosa) for example has many blooms which would add some fragrance to your garden. These sprout wildly in my garden too. Its not that easy to make bonzai out of them.

David said...

I am glad you are back to posting again. You and I are the same....I water late at night and the poor garden is the very last item that gets my attention. That does not make you a bad gardener!!! :0) David/

Stephanie said...

Hello James! Well, same same. No time to update my blog as well haha... It' s good to see your white jasmine blooming profusely for you. Very nice and pretty! Sometimes plants make us happy this way. Just when we feel tired, they will sort of give you some reward hehe... Have a great weekend!

Alistair said...

Hi James, well, we all get times when we feel the garden may need a little more attention. But hey, look at the results you get.

James David said...

Guess I'm getting lazy or feeling lethargic.
Hope my garden put-up with me.
Thanks guys for your support.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month