Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Monday, March 12, 2018

Orchid updates


I hope I'm not boring you on my orchid post.
I just got too excited to see their explosive blooms in these few weeks time.
Just love the arrays of spikes after spikes of orchid blooms/
Just love this particular variety of phals X doritis species.

Here the flower is draping with dumbcane as a fore-background


I was very careful this time as not to snap off the flower spike while taking this picture.



Then the two more new spikes came out..
I was hoping a different species but its the same as the first one.
Well, at least now its blooming - I now know what are they..
(earlier I was totally clueless of what I was keeping for years)

Somehow I find this light coloured from the first one..
Talking about being critical (and hoping that they are two different species)
But they are not..😝


Regardless, it is (still in bloom after 2 weeks) a pink beauty..
Just love the colour contrast (wait for it)
With the blood red one below..


I had to get a chair to get a eye view for this one.
It had gone too tall for me to reach it, let alone taking its picture is quite a feat
(not to damage anything while taking this picture or shall I say...
No orchids were harmed during these shots)


I can't get enough of these blooms..
And currently they are getting taller by the day.
Perhaps I will take another when they are at the peak of this blooming season as most of the buds are still unopened.



I love the comparison part on the size and colours.
Just amazes me on how well they look regardless.
Again..
I have to handle this cautiously less they snap and broken.


1 comment:

Barbee' said...

Brilliant! and what dainty, delicate looking flowers. Love them!

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month