Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Whites in the Garden
























Its going to be difficult to explain when it come to colours especially when it is white.
You see - you don't really notice it. 
Somehow the whole white thing falls into the background with the rest of the foliage greens and before you know it - its invisibly everywhere.
(or perhaps that's how it appears to my perception)


Again - when a bug sees it - Does it really see it in white?
I saw a documentary where when they see it in an ultra-violet light - these whites are actually brilliant blue.
Ain't that a beauty - transforming all my white into blues.
And again - in a science project that a white light can be split into a spectrum of a rainbow.
Now, Isn't that really a something to consider.


And all the while - I thought that white is only clothed by plants which gives focused in giving out its fragrance. I can't quite make sure why foliage too makes its colours.
Nevertheless - I love the shades of lime, cream & pink in my garden.


What is your White story in your Garden?
Love to hear that Snow white Story.
































7 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi James, we have that white flowers too. The colors in the world that we see depends on what colors of the spectrum the object absorbs or reflects. But i noticed you are very fond of holding the plants and flowers before you take their photos. It is nice too if you will put a plane colored paper or board background, rather than just holding them. If you want size comparison, common things like ballpen, coins, ruler will be the best choices.

africanaussie said...

I love white in a shady garden - it seems to pop out of the shade. I love your white anthirium.

Stephanie said...

White is nice! That's a pretty flower. I like your foliage plants also. And thanks for sharing content of that documentary. Good discovery about white.

Gone Tropical said...

My favorite Flower color is white :)
and now that you mentioned it I notice it as well, we both grow the same plants, half a world apart :) now neat is that!... by chance, do you grow the Canna Stuttgart as well? ;-)

David said...

I like whites in the shade garden since no flowers bloom there. I like white variegation the best and you have some wonderful types. I have a nice variegated Syngonium that seems to keep its white parts nicely. Some revert back to green and then stay green.
Nice post. David/:0)

James David said...

Hi all, thank you for your lovely comments.
Gone Tropical - I do have Canna seeds and still thinking whether to grow them as they do much better on grounded soil compared to planting them in pots.
So - its still in the waiting list whether to plant or not to plant Canna.

David - Most of the Syngonium are found growing along the roadside and in nook and corner around my region. These are some of the nice ones that I manage to rescue.

Jacqueline said...

Simply lovely to enjoy watching all your white flowers and variegated foliage, James. Thanks for sharing! Love the white anthurium... hope to add one to my garden one day! :)

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month