Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bromeliad Update


I must say these bromeliads are quite hardy considering what they are facing on daily basis.

The scorching heat with the heavy downpour in the same day
and they can just stand put and face the weather is truly considered remarkable.


I had place so many types of plants on the top rung and many had failed my expectation.
Most never made it but this one to my surprise had made in flying colours.

I had brought them down to remove the dried foliage and rearranging them to their optimum display.
The medium is basically cotton fiber from old pillows and Styrofoam to hold them in position.

I realised that placing too heavy medium had a lethal effect of pot falling unto other precious plants below - this arrangements, somehow makes it easy for me to unhook and re-arrange them time to time with great ease (light weight pots)




Just amazed how they look when brought down.


One thing I must say, these are quite huge and may take a lot of space but they do so well in the vertical garden dynamics. Somehow, they just fit for the cut.

Another matter though - some are not meant to be touched as they have sharp edges and spikes.

As I would say - Lovely to see from afar
(not good to touch in close approximately)

Another addition:
I had placed a red Earthstar to give a visual statement and truly it gave a nice feature in this collection.



FINISHED WORK:


I had also placed some aerial orchids
in between the bromeliads,
as they are sun lovers and perhaps
do well in this new arrangement.

Hopefully they bloom this time around.
Dendrobium Orchids



The greens and the neogelias
took the center stage this time.

I had noticed that the greens seemed to handle the sun blast really well.


I had placed all the sensitive ones towards the end side where it is the least hottest
as when I noticed a lot of severe burns were on these fragile leaves.

I  had pruned delicately and rearranged them.
Hopefully they thrive.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month