Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Elephant Ears Valley


I had finally arrived to this place.
There are these huge Elephant Ears everywhere (Alocasia)

This is a landscape view of this place.
(pls click on the pic for better view)
The picture didn't do justice as what I saw is too detailed compared to this.
its hard to have a scaling factor, the closest I can get together is those banana tree beside it.

Its a fact that these urban jungle are very temporary.
Chances are some developer might come and cut & clear
this whole place and may consider these as nuisance.

Unless a plant lover or conservation takes place here..
All these are gone with a bulldozer within minutes...




I noticed there is two different types of alocasia here.
The top have the heart shaped leaf and the bottom is more like a spade shaped leaf.



Or probably both are the same type...



I managed to put my foot at the slope to hold the leaf,
but I cannot get the scaling factor right as (my hand looked small from here)

These have the flowers and buds.
I was unable to zoom from my handphone camera.
Wanted to take the flowers and friuts.
Probably do it again with another camera.

I heard few "wild" dogs barking around. Left immediately as it was also getting late for me (lunch break is just an hour) Somehow I loved this place, there is a huge collection of dumbcane plant at the bottom (which my handphone camera cannot zoom to take those pictures)
I also noticed a beautiful bird (bulbul - if Im not wrong) was constantly flying to & fro in that place.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month