Welcome to My Little Garden

Welcome to My Little Garden
Welcome to My Little Garden

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
There is something very serene and stable when I come and spend time in my Garden. These are my quiet moments where I seek God - listening and finding myself in that reflection. There are times when I'm not able to blog, If you have any questions or queries Do seek me out in Facebook and I will try my best to help you out.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Elephant Ears Valley


I had finally arrived to this place.
There are these huge Elephant Ears everywhere (Alocasia)

This is a landscape view of this place.
(pls click on the pic for better view)
The picture didn't do justice as what I saw is too detailed compared to this.
its hard to have a scaling factor, the closest I can get together is those banana tree beside it.

Its a fact that these urban jungle are very temporary.
Chances are some developer might come and cut & clear
this whole place and may consider these as nuisance.

Unless a plant lover or conservation takes place here..
All these are gone with a bulldozer within minutes...




I noticed there is two different types of alocasia here.
The top have the heart shaped leaf and the bottom is more like a spade shaped leaf.



Or probably both are the same type...



I managed to put my foot at the slope to hold the leaf,
but I cannot get the scaling factor right as (my hand looked small from here)

These have the flowers and buds.
I was unable to zoom from my handphone camera.
Wanted to take the flowers and friuts.
Probably do it again with another camera.

I heard few "wild" dogs barking around. Left immediately as it was also getting late for me (lunch break is just an hour) Somehow I loved this place, there is a huge collection of dumbcane plant at the bottom (which my handphone camera cannot zoom to take those pictures)
I also noticed a beautiful bird (bulbul - if Im not wrong) was constantly flying to & fro in that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment



As for Anonymous commentors:
Please do write your name and place
(eg: John, UK)
That way, I know who you are and where you're from.

I really appreciate your thoughts and experiences concerning these matters. Thank you.

And please no spamers, products, etc - they will be deleted as the comments are moderated.

If you have any queries that needs immediate attention - seek me out in Facebook, message me and I will come back to you ASAP.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels