Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Caladium in the wild



This plant is known as Fancy Leaved Caladium (Caladium Bicolor)

I took this pictures near my office during my lunch break. It was growing wildly near a carpark area. Im sure one of the days, a grass cutter is going to come and "slice off" all these caladium on day.

Though its beautiful, I have yet to see it growing in any of the gardeners around my area as they are very common and considered a "wild plant"






These are from a different location.
(near by workplace too)

It was quite windy both days when I took these shots.
(as you can notice the leaves are folding)

There was no rain for few days..
and I guess these caladium withers (last pic) due the lack of water.

I had these caladium in my garden, after a season - all the leaves dried up and formed up a bulb.
It do well in sunny area and my garden is very much shaddy.

I might introduce this plant again..
Maybe later, when I get zealous over these colours again.

3 comments:

shozaliza said...

I like your picture James....!

J.C. said...

I have these Calladium in my garden. I kept them in shaded area. Didn't know that they like sunny spot. I realized sometimes the scorching heat burnt their leaves.

James David said...

J.C. - Yes, scorching heat may burn the leaves when there is not enough water. Basically those which goes in the wild are very much exposed to heat,but not lacking water.

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month