Search This Blog

My Vertical Garden Wall

My Vertical Garden Wall

TRASLATION LANGUAGE (CLICK HERE)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bird Nest Fern - Asplenium Nidus



This is my bird nest fern ( I can't remember how I got it)
Either a friend had given to me or I had found it (rescued from a broken branch)

I had placed my extra runners (flame violets) inside the root space. I thought it make
an organic natural fertiliser (humus) - only to realise that they can co-exist together beautifully.



I have not trimmed the burn/dry looking leaves.
Somehow they give an authentic look (side: Spanish Moss)



Its now getting darker, evening to night.




This are the first few new leaves uncoiling. Very green and fresh!


Someone had cleaned their rain gutters and had thrown out this plant which I believe was growing in between dry rotting leaves. I manage to plant it in a small container.
It seemed to do quite well now. (A smaller version of this fern)
When this fern is lacking water, the leaves dries out like paper foils.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tropical Garden, Batu Caves, Malaysia
My Malaysian Tropical Garden mainly focused on unique and colorful plants ranging from rare to common plants all around the tropical belt across the world. Ideal for inspiration for challenging areas in the garden space - indoor gardening, balcony gardening and small green spaces especially for ariods, bromeliads, begonias, edibles, cascading & vertical garden plants, succulents & cacti, orchids, together with both shade and sun loving plants.

Contact Me on the Form Above

Do put your queries on the contact form above and I will come back to you ASAP via e-mail. Also I'm open for any business / advertisement proposals / magazine articles / product sampling and sharing personal product experiences here in my blog. Also for specific plant queries where you need to send pictures for free consultation and plant help and aid.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Popular Post - 1 Month